FormFactor enables today’s most advanced Integrated Circuits (ICs) by providing the industry’s broadest range of wafer test technologies and expertise. We’re the world’s leading supplier of probe cards to manufacturers of DRAM, Flash and SoCs (System-on-Chip).Our products are used to test the ICs that power nearly every smart phone and tablet on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications.
Senior/Planner (Global Design Capacity)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003188608
As the Global Design Capacity Planner, the candidate will be a key part of planning in a strong, dynamic, rapidly growing world-class production design organization. In this key role the candidate will partner closely with Global Design Managers, Sales Operations, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing to develop and maintain the total design factory capacity model. The candidate will be a key contributor to the design team, ensuring timely assignments, starts, planning. The successful candidate will also be developing a capacity/slotting model, while keeping track of the output, designer capability and availability for efficient utilization while maximizing our On-Time-Delivery. Candidate will also work on process enhancement/development where needed, to improve total loading/balancing as well as mid to long range capacity planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of design capacity planning.
- Develop/update and maintain a standard times model for slot planning, project starts and to report project progress.
- Work with worldwide design engineering managers to develop and maintain capacity model
- Design representative to the corporate planning process responsible for capacity and labor requirements
- Responsible for identifying capacity limitations and communicating to senior management to ensure design engineering can achieve the stated plans.
- Provide weekly achievement updates and monthly operational updates.
- Work with the sales operations, manufacturing and purchasing teams to establish and maintain capacity models and track loading
- Develop strategic capacity model road maps, business processes and systems to improve automation and integration into the current and future systems
- Work closely with sales operations, planning, procurement and operations to achieve lead time reduction and on time delivery targets
- Provide regular updates to vendors for when they will receive data. Keep track and work with vendors to ensure results and feedback are received on schedule and in timely manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of production/capacity planning experience in a high tech or semiconductor environment, preferably with global teams
- Must have excellent MS office skills
- Proficient in MS Project and, the use of MS Excel as a developer. Additional experiences with a scripting language, Agile, Process Maker, linear programming is preferred.
- Experience with MRP and MES systems in a high-tech manufacturing environment is preferred
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to excel in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with a matrix reporting structure – solid line to US, dotted line to local engineering manager
- Flexibility in work hours due to time difference between US and Singapore