ATOS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual 2011 pro forma revenue of EUR 8.5 billion and 74,000 employees in 48 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail, Public, Health & Transport, Financial Services, Telecoms, Media & Technology, Energy & Utilities.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid. For more information, visit: www.atos.net
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002989221
- Supporting business initiatives and projects
- Day-to-day 24x7 production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, vulnerability management).
- Ensuring housekeeping and monitoring of all database systems
- Processing Enterprise Change Management business requests for various database activities
- An experienced Database Administrator to join a global team which installs maintains and administers mission-critical, leading-edge Oracle databases.
- Production patch/upgrade management.
- On-Call pager rotation and DBMS security support.
- Understanding of common infrastructure components, Customer support & communications.
- Project based infrastructure and installation work.
- Providing first-class database support and administration
- Fine-tuning and optimizing poorly performing databases and the related infrastructure
- Ensuring synchronization between production replica databases
- Running or re-running of failed regular jobs and killing failed tasks
- 6 to 9 years of experience as an Oracle DBA in a production environment. (Versions 9i through 12c with RAC, ASM, RMAN and Data Guard)
- Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Strong Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Solid skills in productivity factors and ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Strong skills in maintenance tools and procedures
- DB2 or MSSQL experience a plus
- University degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent;
- Able to work co-operatively with global technology teams as well as comfortably working on their own
- An ability to work a split week including either Saturday or Sunday
- A quick-thinking problem solver, able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to day-to-day incidents
- Be a strong, dynamic character, capable dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment across multiple time-zones and cultures
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- Customer-focused with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- Be able to view currently processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement.
- Be able to work to business deadlines