Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer - Vibration and Airflow
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003027729
EA License No. 12C5526
Employer Ref. BBBH2354
My client is a huge Western Multi National Corporation and they seek an Experienced Mechanical Analyst for vibration, structure and airflow analysis
- Overall responsibility for impact, noise, airflow and structural and vibration analysis for mechanical components and their related assemblies used
- Lead performance validation (aero/noise) and ensure product quality and reliability
- Support strategic development initiatives to advance our mechanical design
- Investigate testing and conduct failure reporting, analysis, root cause analysis and identification and work cross functionally with design and quality team
- Build representative models, evaluate designs, validate with physical testing and perform iterations to drive efficient designs for optimal product performance.
- Design numerical as well as physical Design of Experiments "DOE" to compare, combine and/or study the sensitivity and validity of proposed action, product attributes or process setup.
- Ensure process improvement, quality control and corrective action implementation for successful project delivery
- PhD or Masters in an Advanced Mechanical Engineering Degree with close to 10 years' experience in simulation and analysis for structure, vibration and impact.
- Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW and simulation software (ANSYS / ANBAQUS) for noise analysis and signal processing
- Strong technical grasp in engineering materials such as steel, thermoplastics, carbon fiber and their related mechanical properties and failure mechanisms
- Expert in rotating machinery design such as turbines, hard disks, motors and their related vibration, balancing, reliability and wear and tear
- Proficient in engineering simulation software, e.g. ANSYS, for structure / vibration / impact analysis and ability to read engineering drawings for hand calculations and concept generation
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma methodologies (DFSS, DMAIC, DOE, DFMEA etc)
- Prior knowledge on bearing quality control and related vibration is an added advantage
- Pro-actively resolving critical design, manufacturing, quality and reliability issues. A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to VOLT