Senior Manager/Manager, ICT Procurement Centre of Excellence (Policy Adoption) (1-Year External Contract)
Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003031865
Employer Ref. 01TZT
GovTech is seeking an ICT Procurement Manager/Senior Manager to join the Centre of Excellence (COE) for Government ICT Procurement, with responsibilities to drive and support policy implementation for ICT procurement initiatives through instilling awareness, providing project support and consultancy to Government agencies in their ICT procurement, as well as formulating new initiatives.
The COE formulates and implements ICT Procurement Policies for Singapore Government, in which you will be collaborating with highly motivated peers in the COE and key stakeholders such as Ministry of Communications and Information, Ministry of Finance and Attorney General’s Chambers. Success in the role is demonstrated by your ability to raise adoption and satisfaction level of ICT procurement initiatives in Government agencies and solicit management buy-in for new initiatives.
What to expect:
- Provide consultancy and project support to Government agencies in embracing new ICT procurement approaches and process simplification initiatives rolled out from the COE. The scope of consultancy includes hand-holding project teams, conducting briefing at large group sessions and meeting forums, advising project teams at clinic sessions, and developing outreach materials for awareness and adoption.
- Develop, maintain and provide consultancy on existing Government ICT procurement best practices, including contract terms and conditions, reference tender and quotation specifications, ICT procurement case studies, evaluation guidelines and etc.
- May undertake analysis of Government ICT Procurement trends, with benchmark against foreign Government and commercial procurement best practices, so as to formulate strategies for Government’s objectives for both the Public Sector and the ICT Industry. Scope includes soliciting buy-in from internal stakeholders and implementation to roll out the new initiatives.
- Develop and enhance the relationship with key stakeholders in both the government agencies and industry
How to succeed:
- Degree in Infocomm, business or equivalent studies
- Minimum 11 years of working experience in IT with at least 5 years of relevant experience in procurement and preferably in areas of policy, consultancy, planning or strategy work.
- Good knowledge of Government infocomm environment
- Good knowledge of ICT procurement and contract management practices, including contract terms and conditions
- Able to deliver quality and thorough work, with eye for details
- Able to analyse and present data to support the proposition for change
- Able to present information in concise manner and from perspectives that concern the individuals and stakeholders
- Good negotiation, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
About Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies. Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.