Vital Shared Services is a department under the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and is the fruition of the public sector’s efforts to aggregate common services within the public sector to leverage economies of scale, improve efficiency and effectiveness. We bring together selected human resource and finance processing activities of government agencies. Such functions include paying salaries and benefits, processing staff claims, making payments to suppliers, etc. By pooling together such functions, Vital Shared Services aims to bring costs down and achieve greater efficiency through economies of scale, standardization and streamlining of procedures. Government agencies served by the Vital Shared Services will enjoy lower costs over time.
Vital Shared Services also presents an opportunity for HR and finance staff to upgrade and apply their skills on a broader scale and adopt a customer-oriented culture. Instead of being seen as backroom support services, these staff will now be at the front end, focusing on providing value-added services to participating government agencies. Our Officers face a challenging business environment, where they will participate in streamlining and improving processes. Our Passion is change -where we embrace the opportunities change can bring.
Our Vision: A World Class Shared Services Partner. A Vital Catalyst for Change.
Our Mission: We deliver quality shared services solutions and create value as a trusted partner.
Our Values: Passion for Excellence, Professionalism with Integrity, Caring Team, Catalyst for Change
To find out more about Vital Shared Services, please visit http://www.vital.gov.sg
Senior Manager / Manager (Compliance Review)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988714
The Senior Manager / Manager, Compliance Review assists in the planning and formulation of a Compliance Framework in the areas of regulatory, financial and core operational and IT systems requirements with the objective of ensuring company's compliance with laws and regulations while achieving its mission and strategic goals.
• Assist to formulate the Compliance and Governance strategy (including Enterprise Risk Management)
• Lead or participate in compliance review covering key aspects of the organisation's operations and to ensure adherence to the organisation's policies and operating procedures and regulatory requirements
• Work closely with the line managers to implement the organisation's enterprise risk management strategy
• Conduct extensive risk review and testing of processes, flows and systems and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and governance processes
• Perform IT general and application control reviews
• Analyse and evaluate compliance and risk management related issues and make practical value-added recommendations to the management and follow up on corrective actions
• Assist in investigation on areas of specific concern, including possible initial fraud investigations
• Present and report compliance and risk issue findings to the management
• Provide guidance to other team members on governance, risk management and compliance.
• Possess a Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Business or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge and proven ability in use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft project and financial software applications are necessary
• Min 3 years of integrated audit experience as internal auditor
• Strong analytical capabilities with good organisational, planning and project management skills
• Experience on data analytics and good knowledge of public sector practices is an advantage
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good team player
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong report writing and presentation skills
• Self-motivated with a high level of integrity, strong drive and sense of urgency
• Good leadership qualities with strong drive for achievements
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.