Vital Shared Services is a department under the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and is the fruition of the public sector’s efforts to aggregate common services within the public sector to leverage economies of scale, improve efficiency and effectiveness. We bring together selected human resource and finance processing activities of government agencies. Such functions include paying salaries and benefits, processing staff claims, making payments to suppliers, etc. By pooling together such functions, Vital Shared Services aims to bring costs down and achieve greater efficiency through economies of scale, standardization and streamlining of procedures. Government agencies served by the Vital Shared Services will enjoy lower costs over time.
Vital Shared Services also presents an opportunity for HR and finance staff to upgrade and apply their skills on a broader scale and adopt a customer-oriented culture. Instead of being seen as backroom support services, these staff will now be at the front end, focusing on providing value-added services to participating government agencies. Our Officers face a challenging business environment, where they will participate in streamlining and improving processes. Our Passion is change -where we embrace the opportunities change can bring.
Our Vision: A World Class Shared Services Partner. A Vital Catalyst for Change.
Our Mission: We deliver quality shared services solutions and create value as a trusted partner.
Our Values: Passion for Excellence, Professionalism with Integrity, Caring Team, Catalyst for Change
To find out more about Vital Shared Services, please visit http://www.vital.gov.sg
Senior Manager / Manager (Innovation)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988713
The Manager (Innovation) drives administrative efficiency and organisational excellence by applying analytics to detect irregularities, improve productivity and support decisions in the areas of finance, procurement, HR etc. We are looking for candidate who had experience in data analysis, someone who is able to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis & design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Engage both internal and external stakeholders to understand their requirements and challenges faced; to recommend suitable dashboard to meet their functional needs
- Supports leading practice in shared service by tapping the potential of data and analytics to improve decision making processes and outcomes
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong in handling queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Possess a Degree with 2-3 years working experience in service support function with comprehensive understanding of continuous improvement concepts, processes and procedures
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams is preferred
- Experience in shared services centre is preferred
- Strong relationship management skills and customer service skills
- Strong belief and commitment in pursuing outcomes that is beneficial to the whole-of-government, clients' mission and Vital vision.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good working attitude, independent and able to work effectively in a team
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.