You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Senior Manager / Manager (Technology Translation and Alliance Development)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987031
Employer Ref. 003RL
The successful candidate is required to support the commercialization of inventions developed by research communities of NUS and its affiliated research centers and institutes, through developing partnerships and exploring various model of collaborations with stakeholders within and outside NUS. The scope of work covers inventions including but not limited to advanced materials, clean, green and water treatment technologies, particularly those related to the Urban Solutions and Sustainability technology domains.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include (but not limited to):
- To develop technology translation and partnerships with key stakeholders of the innovation ecosystem
- To work closely with external partners including institutes of higher learning, product development enterprises, government agencies, trade associations and chambers, and industry technology seekers
- To work closely with internal stakeholders including NUS Enterprise, faculties and researchers in various NUS schools and research centers to understand NUS research strength, capabilities and expertise and partnership interests
- To position NUS technologies to facilitate their uptakes by the markets
- At least a PhD Degree in related fields and a minimum 15 years of working experience of which at least 8 years in technology commercialization
- Experience in taking technologies from institute of higher learning or research laboratory to market, experience in both academic and industry research setting would be advantageous
- In depth experience of working in or with government funding agencies, demonstration of strong networks with local innovation ecosystems, especially local small and medium enterprises will be of great advantages
- Inquisitive, with strong technical knowledge, good interpersonal and communication skills, a team player and at the same time capable of working independently, organized and logical thinker, self-starter, resourceful, enjoy challenges and solving problems