Senior Manager, Engineering & Projects
Millennium & Copthorne International Limited
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003149196
Reporting to the Group Director of Engineering, the incumbent will be responsible:
- To assist, discuss and propose engineering related issues with consultants and hotel engineers for possible solutions.
- To conduct site-inspection and investigation.
- To compile, collate and analyze operational data and reports for continuous improvements
- To work together with hotel engineers, consultants and contractors to execute rectification exercises and collate progress report.
- To review and comment on submission of technical specification, schematics and drawings with relevant to projects
- To propose and review energy saving initiatives to reduce the operating expenses of the hotel properties
- To conduct Engineering Audit to assigned hotel properties with reports on findings, observation and recommendation for improvements
- To liaise with end users, contractors, vendors, consultants and relevant authorities with respect to technical & maintenance services, repairs, installation, fabrication, renovation & refurbishing works, regulations and the service & repair warranties of equipment.
- To put up and review proposals on technical specification. Source for, evaluate and recommend new equipment upgrading, renewal or replacement purposes.
- To put up and review proposals projected costs for hotel projects and equipment.
- To prepare cost estimate for repair works, work specification, drafting of contract document, invitation for quotation, tender and recommendation for award of quotation/tender.
- To supervise the work of technical staff and contractors and ensure that the work carried out complies strictly with health and safety regulations.
- To supervise consultants and contractors on project to ascertain recommendation and claims are appropriate.
- To review hotels’ request submissions to ensure submission without discrepancies
- To liaise with hotel relevant department(s) on more information for justification of requests
- To determine if requests are justifiable before forwarding to approval personnel for approval
- To communicate with hotel engineers and review through their OPEX/CAPEX reports and submission.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The incumbent is preferred to possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Diploma in Engineering or the equivalent with at least four (4) years of relevant experience in the same role. He/ She should possess excellent verbal, written communication skills. Experiences in hospitality industry related engineering management and project management are advantageous.
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to email your updated resume, current and expected salaries and contact details to:-
Vice President, Human Resources, Asia
Millennium & Copthorne International Limited
390 Havelock Road, #02-01 King’s Centre
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Millennium & Copthorne International Limited
About Millennium & Copthorne International Limited
Listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1996, Millennium Hotels and Resorts is one of the world’s largest owned and managed hotel groups operating a portfolio of more than 120 hotels worldwide. This dynamic hospitality group has an outstanding reputation for excellence, with a commitment to our guests that extends across distinct global brands - Grand Millennium, Millennium, Grand Copthorne, Copthorne, M Hotel, Studio M and Kingsgate.
Founded on the philosophy of genuine hospitality, Millennium Hotels and Resorts takes pride in exceeding the needs of our business and leisure travellers. All the hotels in the Millennium Hotels and Resorts chain are targeted at its primary base of corporate and leisure travellers, providing business facilities for guests at work and comprehensive amenities for guests at play.
The strategic locality of our properties across the Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and North America mean wherever you are in the world, our hotels are never too far away. Our friendly service and superb accommodation makes our hotels the perfect address to conduct your business or indulge yourself while on holiday.
For more information, please visit www.millenniumhotels.com
WHY JOIN US?
We truly value our employees at Millennium Hotels & Resorts. As a forward thinking company we want our employees to grow and develop with us. Join us not just for a job but for a career that could take you as far as you want to go, and more!
We will support, encourage and nurture you, helping you realise your full potential. There are no limits within Millennium Hotels & Resorts, and we want you to become the best that you can be.
What do we get in return? A team that will delight customers time after time, a team that has one goal - A world class team that knows no limits.
Our vision is to be recognised as a growth driven world leader in the international hotel business. We will deliver service excellence, quality, originality and value to our customers through employing and developing the best people and by having a challenging and forward thinking business culture.
We will provide you with the training and development that will support your future aspirations. When we invest in a property, we not only invest in bricks and mortar, we invest in the team which has the responsibility of bringing this hotel to life and making it a success. Whatever your role is within Millennium Hotels and Resorts, your contribution will be recognised as a truly valued member of the team. Click on below job postings to explore the career opportunities within this ever expanding hospitality group today.