You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Senior Manager/Assistant Director (Administration)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003028978
Employer Ref. 004M3
- Leads the team in management of School’s facilities, office space, including teaching facilities as well.
- Management of daily operations in the office administration.
- Oversees the technical and technology services in the School, includes IT hardware management, phone systems, AV systems for teaching and meeting rooms, evaluates information systems including data storage server etc.
- Oversees and management of full spectrum of Human Resources for Non-Academic and Executive and Professional staff. Duties include appraisal of staff, tracking of staff job description, mapping out career path and retirement plans of each individual staff etc.
- Provide the administrative oversight to the School’s Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee.
- Provide the oversight to the Risk Assessment and Management, Business Continuity Plan and Crisis Management for the School.
- Oversees and administrative management of School’s laboratory services, as well as Tissue Repository (tissue samples warehouse off-campus).
- Administrative Lead in the School’s Administration Management meeting (AMM).
- Leads in improving and formulating administrative processes and policies.
- Coordinates and leads in School’s organizational planning, including coordinates the implementation and operations of School’s strategic plans.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
- A recognized degree in any disciplines, with 8 – 10 years of relevant experience. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervisory and leadership role.
- Experience in local University setting is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, proven track records of working with employees from diverse age groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly flexible and able to work on multiple projects.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of the team to lead the team in daily operations/projects.
- Resourceful and innovative with a positive work attitude, and responsive and adaptive to changes.
- Proficient in Microsoft office is a must.
- Knowledge or experience in using SAP system is advantageous.