Established in 1981, Institute of Systems of the National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS) provides graduate education, professional development courses, consultancy and research services. Its objectives are to develop infocomm and digital business leaders, to drive organisational innovation and business transformation.
To date, over 96,000 infocomm professionals, 5,200 corporate customers and 4,600 post-graduate alumni members have benefitted from NUS-ISS’s suite of services. Its programmes are delivered by ISS staff with an average of more than 10 years of industry experience.
The institute is also the leading Continuing Education and Training Centre supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, with specialties in the areas of the infocomm, design thinking and service innovation.
We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant Institute dedicated to creating, imparting, and applying knowledge.
Senior / Lecturer & Consultant (Cyber Security)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002958849
Employer Ref. ISS/Lecturer-CS
The Institute’s IT Strategy & Management Practice develops and advises business and IT leaders in enterprise innovation and transformation. The Practice provides world-class thought leadership through its industry-oriented teaching, consulting and research programmes.
The Practice is seeking experienced professionals who have the passion to teach and consult in the domain of Cyber Security to join its team. (Note: ISS professional staff are grouped into strategic focus teams called Practices).
- Develop and teach Master of Technology modules, Professional Certification and Professional Short Courses and Executive Programs in cyber security.
- Develop a curriculum for cyber security leadership education and other associated programmes, and lead in the delivery of these programmes.
- Advise client organizations on best practice strategies, policies, standards and latest management principles and technologies for cyber security, mobile security, information assurance and risk management.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cyber security through participation in industry events and communities of practice, speaking at conferences, publications, and C-suite networking.
- Participate fully in business development, marketing, client account management, student recruitment, and operational improvement initiatives as and when required.
- Conduct best practice management research, grow and share the Practice’s book of knowledge, and improve the quality of teaching and consulting content.
Skills and Experience Required
- A good university degree in Computing, Engineering or related disciplines.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in the IT industry, with at least 5 years in an information security leadership role.
- Hands-on experience in implementing cyber security strategies and operations, such as CERT/CSIRT, security operations centres, vulnerability and threat assessments, information classification and protection, secure software development, e-discovery, investigation and forensics.
- Proven track record of leading cyber security programmes and teams to plan, design, implement and operate the protection of critical information, infrastructure, systems and business operations at the enterprise, industry sector, or national levels.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehensive application of best practice strategies, policies, standards and technologies for cyber security, information assurance and risk management.
- Professional information security certification is a plus.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and resourceful team player.
- Strong communication and customer engagement skills.
Application form and information about the Institute can be found at www.iss.nus.edu.sg. Please click "APPLY NOW" to submit your application form, detailed curriculum vitae and NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
Institute of Systems Science
National University of Singapore
25 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Fax: 6778 3551