Having choices is what makes life exciting. Make your choice today and take your future into your own hands. We value skills and talents, and will support your development within our international teams.
GfK makes your choice easy as we offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. As a trusted leader in market research present in over 100 countries, we know what makes consumers’ hearts beat—globally and locally. We work on projects for successful companies in virtually every major industry.
Senior Executive, POS Analytics
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959944
POS Analytics is part of GfK’s Value Added Services unit whose purpose is to drive revenue growth by holistically addressing POS data client needs. Analytics VAS is a key contributor to this strategy positioned to grow rapidly in the coming years. It’s purpose is to help consumer durable goods manufacturers, media agencies and retailers optimize their ‘above-the-line’ and ‘below-the-line’ marketing spend.
Over the coming years, as the market matures, consumer durable goods companies are likely to pay more attention to maximizing their marketing spend ROI. POS data analytics is a high-growth, high-competition market. VAS Analytics is well positioned to capture this high-growth, leveraging on GfK’s strong product foundation and POS data which ensures the finest modelling accuracy. This is an opportunity to join a team poised to rapidly expand GfK’s presence in the analytics space.
This role is responsible for conducting analytical solutions following a briefing and the client project process (CPP). You will ensure that a client briefing and recommended project design submitted from a POS Analytics consultant is executed. This includes extracting GfK POS Tracking and non POS Tracking data, coding and matching 3rd party data, running statistical models according to the specifications documented in the CPP, preparing outputs and quality control as well as preparing result reports together with the POS Analytics consultants.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Feasibility testing and project design together with POS Analytics commercial team
• Data extraction, coding and prepping
• Data grouping and modelling according to project design and CPP
• Results preparation and quality control
• Report generation
• Ongoing Capacity planning, project monitoring together with the Analytical Operations Lead
• Project archiving and norms building, ultimately contributing to Thought Leadership projects
• Occasional international travel required for training
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Ideally, knowledge of the retail market for durable consumer goods
• Advanced knowledge in retail panel based research methods including data collection and extrapolation
• Strong in project management and project documentation
• Experience with advanced statistical regression analysis on time series data
• High level of English language, written and spoken
• Expert knowledge in MS Office (Excel VBA, Access)
• Knowledge with statistical modelling concepts and knowledge of SAS, R, SPSS and related tools
• Familiarity with visualisation tools such as tableau, Qlik View a plus
• Practical experience in statistical modelling
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
• Experience in Project Management and Project Management tools
• Ability to understand client’s business questions
• Ability to work in a global business environment
• Appetite for broadening horizon and learning advanced statistical modelling skills
• Minimum 2 years’ work experience in analytics industry
• At least a Bachelor’s degree