The NUH is a tertiary hospital and major referral centre for a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and dental specialties including Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery. The Hospital also provides organ transplant programmes for adults (in kidney, liver and pancreas) and is the only public hospital in Singapore to offer a paediatric kidney and liver transplant programme.
Staffed by a team of healthcare professionals who rank among the best in the field, the NUH offers quality patient care by embracing innovations and advances in medical treatment.
In 2004, the NUH became the first Singapore hospital to receive the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, an international stamp for excellent clinical practices in patient care and safety. Today, patient safety and good clinical outcomes remain the focus of the hospital as it continues to play a key role in the training of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals, and in translational research which paves the way for new cures and treatment, offering patients hope and a new lease of life.
A member of the National University Health System, it is the principal teaching hospital of the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and the NUS Faculty of Dentistry.
For more information, please visit www.nuh.com.sg
Senior Executive, Outreach (Part-Time, 1-Year Contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002983788
1. Job Purpose:
The Senior Executive for Outreach will be responsible for administrative support for the Outreach Arm of Medical Affairs (Education) in NUHS. The mission of the Outreach Arm is to:
- SUPPORT EXISTING outreach activities of the hospital's employees, emphasizing quality, safety and accountability, and alignment with the hospital's vision, mission and values;
- FACILITATE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW outreach activities to meet heath needs of the underprivileged in Singapore and overseas, while promoting the hospital's core value of service through corporate volunteerism; and
- BUILD CAPACITY of the hospital and its employees to perform outreach activities.
2. Job Duties:
Primary Responsibilities & Duties (80%):
- Assist in providing oversight and coordination of outreach activities.
- Help develop policies and guidelines for outreach activities, including volunteerism leave records, cover for clinical duties, financing and procurement, program design, reporting.
- Provide administrative support for all local and international outreach efforts endorsed by Outreach Arm of NUHS, including but not exclusive to the following: Ministry of Health, Timor Leste and HNGV Hospital, NUH SOUL activities, SIF-Yunnan collaboration. Such support may include: MOUS and legal agreements, travel, funding and accounting, accommodation, insurance, permits.
- Maintain registry of all hospital-associated outreach activities, including contact points, documentation such as post-mission reports.
- Maintain hospital database of volunteers, ensure regular updates on outreach opportunities, and facilitate communication with outreach programs.
- Monitor quality, safety, accountability and alignment with the hospital's vision, mission and values; and facilitate corrections or improvements.
- Manage programs associated with the Fung Fellowship Program, including program plan, candidate selection, training activities, documentation, reporting and interfacing with funder and other stakeholders. This involves coordination of outgoing NUH doctors as well as in-coming doctors from ASEAN and China.
- Support administration of capacity building for outreach programs for hospital staff.
- Monitor grants and donations assistance from local and international partnerships.
Secondary Responsibilities & Duties (20%):
- Maintain and regularly update communication platforms pertaining to all matters of the Outreach Arm, including the NUHS website, corporate and industry publications, where relevant (publicity for the purposes of volunteer recruitment, not public awareness).
- Manage events and programs related to Outreach activities.
- Coordinate with NUS YLL-SOM and SSH-SPH for involvement of students and capacity building programs.
3. Job Specifications:
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in program management (movement operations, logistics, procurement) and administrative support (including experience in developing donor proposals, reporting systems, tracking of proposals and monitoring of information sharing).
- Minimum education requirements: Degree
- Excellence in spoken and written English, including persuasive writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and the Internet
- Highly organized with a keen eye for details
- Strong planning skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to effectively coordinate actions of other partners in multi-faceted and international settings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent reputation in teamwork, facilitating dialogue among diverse sectors within the institution and internationally
- Able to multi-task, and ability to prioritize competing requests, tasks, deadlines and needs
- Able to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision
- Reactive, adaptive, willing to learn new skills and motivated to understand and perform tasks fulfilling Outreach aims in a timely manner