Senior Executive/ Assistant Manager, Programming (Acquisition) – Asian Content
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987863
The Senior Executive/Assistant Manager, Programming (Acquisition), plays a key role in providing strong support to content acquisition across all Asian Content channels (Animax, ONE, GEM). It will focus not only on current business but also work towards launching new products especially in the area of digital expansion.
- Research, identify and evaluate all genres of programmes to acquire for both linear and non-linear service in the Asian content sphere.
- Manage relationships with a wide network of distributors to ensure that each channel delivers the most promising content with a good programme mix.
- Provide critical support in deal negotiation, contract execution and database management.
- Develop market expertise through continuous focus and gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and market environment.
- Work closely with the manager to devise content acquisition strategies in countering competition through market analysis.
- Contribute to acquisition strategy presentations for various business purposes.
- Work closely with content providers on material delivery timeline to ensure smooth transmission.
- Brainstorm with the Channel Marketing and OAP team for ideas on programme promotion.
- Diploma/Degree in Mass Communications, Media Studies, or a similar field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the media/TV industry.
- Experienced in programming and/or negotiating deals for TV content acquisition.
- Established professional networks with Asian content distributors.
- Keen interest and immense knowledge in TV programming especially Asian content of all genres.
- Well informed on trends in TV entertainment and competitor landscape across all platforms.
- Technology savvy with excellent research skills.
- Well-organized and able to multi task, with a keen eye on details.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A self-driven and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, positive thinker and good team player who is able to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Able to travel extensively for business trips.