|Optimum Solutions, is a full spectrum Software Solutions and a Managed Services Company. The services from Optimum are designed to deliver Enterprise Client-Server/ Multi-tier and Web based solutions across the entire value chain, spanning on-site consulting services to turnkey software projects.|
We have got over 2200 consultants working with us and have developed into a rapidly growing, highly competitive and responsive firm with strong management, technical and financial resources and commitment to fully serve its clients in Singapore, USA, China, Malaysia, Philippines and India.
Professional Services - Since 1997, we have been providing IT consulting professionals to major national and local firms, Fortune 500, software integrator and software development companies, and major national and local consulting firms.
Managed Services group focuses on the comprehensive services on a managed mode- where the responsibility of delivery and Service Levels are undertaken by Optimum for providing a strong value to the customers.
This Service enables organizations to optimize overheads and realign focus of their internal resource towards core competency and value addition areas of the organization.
Software Applications & Services provides a wide range of services and turnkey solutions that run gamut from short-term focused services to long-term comprehensive, leading-edge solutions. The scope covers the end-to-end application platforms from legacy domains to web based applications.
Opportunities abound when you work @ Optimum, a World-Class Software Solutions and Service Provider. Our client list includes major Fortune 500 organizations. Our customers are primarily from Banking and Finance, Manufacturing, Distribution, Technology, Service and Healthcare verticals.
Senior Devops Engineer - Build tools for automation (12 months renewable contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003189074
EA License No 07C3330
Optimum Solutions (Co. Reg #199700895N) is looking for a Senior Engineer with Devops expertise for building tools for automation.
The client is a multinational banking organization.
The candidate should be a senior technologist with a passion for technology and development possess broad and deep skills in multiple languages, primarily Java, and diverse technology stacks including Windows and Linux, networks and database experience, and have excellent design and architecture skills. The candidate would have strong knowledge of DevOps and agile delivery practices as well as disciplined engineering practice and test driven development.
The candidate will develop internal test automation related solutions, particularly in the development of an in-house Cucumber based testing framework to create re-usable testing modules, DSL extensions, test reporting services, REST based services, as well as general internal web development, automated testing suite integration, DevOps JIRA and tool-chain integration, and more.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the client bank, dealing with teams in both development and testing who are at varying stages of technology adoption.
The role will require a focus on evolving a test automation and orchestration tool chain for the bank, evaluating products and services, owning the target software, libraries, and portal, delivering against this.
- Hands-on development
- Participate in a small team of developers
- Engage with testing and development teams across the bank.
- Effectively manage an agile development project that integrates with the bank-wide DevOps stack.
- Engages with vendors and architects to determine strategic direction.
- Evaluates and implements new technologies in line with bank strategy.
- Documents and publishes standards and procedures.
- Keeps current with new technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
- Works with security and compliance teams to ensure solutions conform to bank and industry standards.
- Delivers high quality engineering solutions for the bank business needs
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and QA for test automation and orchestration.
- Identifies and recommends new technology that will add value to the organization in terms of performance and cost
- Undertakes continuous improvement for the current Infrastructure
- Established technology engineer with 10 or more years working at an enterprise level
- Background in various disciplines is essential, such as software development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support with a significant period of time inside a development team
- The ability to articulate use cases, document requirements, and provide management summary information for proof of concepts and testing Is required
- Significant experience in Java, Cucumber and web technologies such as Python. Other languages a plus.
- Solid understanding of the role and value of software QA/Testing
- Broad interest in software languages and development practices
- Systems engineering experience encompassing networking, resources, architectures, performance and design.
- Solid technical knowledge of Unix and Windows host operating systems.
- Experience with Compliance and Regulatory constraints required.
- Knowledge of Virtualised environments useful.
- Familiarity with orchestration and workflows an advantage.
- An understanding of DevOps and related technology is a significant advantage