Senior Consultant/Consultant, Technical Writer
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002955824
Employer Ref. 01TEB
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Government Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is an initiative in that direction bringing a new approach to application designs, development and deployment. This Agile, Open and Cloud-enabled Application Infrastructure will provide the government with a modern IT platform that accelerates software development without compromising operations and security. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scaling. The GovPaaS will consist of modern technologies like Containers, Microservices and xPaaS Service Catalogue in order to drive continuous delivery for government digital services securely and enhance citizens experience. At the center of the GovPaaS is the API Gateway which will facilitate developer-friendly reusable data and microservices exchange.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join GDS. Make a difference by producing high quality documentation to improve the overall success of our products.
- Able to take ownership for improving, standardizing and organising different kinds of documents.
- Able to work as a team with members of different disciplines (designers, programmers, product managers, etc.) Open to comments and discussions.
- Able to digest and summarise complex technical concepts into different readable and understandable form for different target audiences in a reusable way.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Min 2-5 years of relevant experience (in IT industry). Candidates with more than 10 years of experience will be considered for senior position.
- Background in computer Science/Engineering, IT or Software development will be highly prefered.
- Experience with team collaboration such as confluence, sharepoint and wiki.
- Able to walk through different workflow to verify and streamline the process.
- Possess a certain level of creativity to make documents interesting.
- Able to use different diagrams to enhance effectiveness of the documentations.
About Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
Singapore is aspiring to be not just a Smart City, but a Smart Nation, underpinned by Data and Analytics. As a leading organisation and Singapore's Government CIO, IDA is taking a clear leadership role in building Singapore into a Smart Nation. We welcome interested professionals to join us in this journey.