Senior Consultant/Consultant, System Administrator (API Gateway)
Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035406
Employer Ref. 01TS8
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Government Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is an initiative in that direction bringing a new approach to application designs, development and deployment. This Agile, Open and Cloud enabled Application Infrastructure will provide the government with a modern IT platform that accelerates software development without compromising operations and security. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scaling. The GovPaaS will consist of modern technologies like Containers, Microservices and xPaaS Service Catalogue in order to drive continuous delivery for government digital services securely and enhance citizens experience. At the center of the GovPaaS is the API Gateway which will facilitate developer friendly reusable data and microservices exchange.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join GDS. Make a difference by taking the key role to develop and operate an API gateway for the whole of government.
What to Expect:
- Deploy and configure the API gateway in different environments.
- Work closely with the infrastructure and the application team to make sure that all systems are integrated correctly.
- Update or apply patches for the API gateway when necessary.
- Integrate the API gateway functionality with the PaaS portal.
- Setup and enforce security and compliance policies for APIs hosted in the gateway.
- Setup authentication and authorisation for multitenant users.
- Collaborate with the API gateway team to deliver whole of government features.
- Inspect the API gateway operation regularly for any policy or security violations.
- Monitor the API gateway operation for any performance impacts or errors
- Isolate any potential problems caused by the gateway or the APIs hosted on the gateway.
- Ensure day to day operation runs properly.
- Document critical configuration information to share with the team.
- Able to work closely with other team members.
- Experience with XML, XSL, WSDL, SOAP, REST, JSON, HTML.
- Possess knowledge or experience with at least 1 API gateway.
- Understand the benefits of what an API Gateway can provide in the government context. (Especially in the area of security, data sharing and governance).
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Min 2-5 years of relevant experience (in IT industry). Candidates with more than 10 years of experience will be considered for senior position.
- Experience with administering or operating whole of government or whole of company system.
- Experience with working in an agile development environment
About Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies. Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.