Senior Consultant/Consultant, Storage & Backup
Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958174
Employer Ref. 01TTW
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Government Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is an initiative in that direction bringing a new approach to application designs, development and deployment. This Agile, Open and Cloud-enabled Application Infrastructure will provide the government with a modern IT platform that accelerates software development without compromising operations and security. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scaling. The GovPaaS will consist of modern technologies like Containers, Microservices and xPaaS Service Catalogue in order to drive continuous delivery for government digital services securely and enhance citizens experience. At the center of the GovPaaS is the API Gateway which will facilitate developer-friendly reusable data and microservices exchange.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for ground breaking contributions.
As a Storage and Backup Engineer, you will provide a secure infrastructure for the software development team to code with ease and speed.
- Manage, maintain and support of data storage and backup solutions, utilizing VMware VSAN/VDP, Windows NFS/SMB, OwnCloud, GlusterFS, Ceph, Backup Exec
- Design, implement, administer and support storage, backup solutions and related software
- Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet project requirements
- Develop automation and processes to enable automated storage provisioning.
- Deploy and manage monitoring tools of storage performance, utilization and health
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains, expect to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Take ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organisation
- Implement configuration management system for business continuity management and automate disaster recovery measures
- Provision virtual machines, databases, application containers and licenses for development team
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices
- Excellent understanding of Software Defined Storage (SDS) systems
- Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, high security, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrable skills in three or more programing/scripting languages
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with VMware and AWS technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resource to application stack traces
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely with product development teams
- Strong on collaboration and communication including documentation
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage
About Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
The Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.