Senior Consultant/Consultant - DevOps Specialist
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958201
Employer Ref. 01TSZ
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of the Singapore government.
GDS was established to develop new capabilities focusing on strategic systems of engagement where ICT provides a differentiating factor to citizens. The team functions to deliver digital information and transactional services leveraging on Agile development, data analytics, user experience design, and design thinking. If you are looking for opportunities to work with talented and highly motivated peers to make a difference in digital nation-building, we welcome you to join GDS.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will provide a rock solid infrastructure for software development teams to code with ease and speed. You will focus on putting in place, and the constant improvement of, the tools and processes for continuous integration and delivery, as well as promoting best practices in their use.
You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across projects and across focus areas. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, which allows for fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical problems.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Instituting and promoting continuous integration/delivery practices in development team
- Working with hosting and/or cloud providers to set up application environments and enable smooth and efficient application deployments
- Developing scripts and making use of continuous integration tools to automate build, software release, and application deployment
- Provisioning and managing servers, virtual machines, application containers, software licenses and other related resources for the development team.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience with a variety of application platforms such as mobile apps, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails, Node.js
- Experience with relevant CI tools/technologies, such as Jenkins, Atlassian products, Git
- Experience with system administration and scripting on Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments, as well as AWS technologies
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker) will be an added advantage
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely with Agile development teams
- Relevant industry certifications will be an added advantage
- Candidates with >10 years’ experience will be considered for senior position
About Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
Singapore is aspiring to be not just a Smart City, but a Smart Nation, underpinned by Data and Analytics. As a leading organisation and Singapore's Government CIO, IDA is taking a clear leadership role in building Singapore into a Smart Nation. We welcome interested professionals to join us in this journey.