Senior Commercial & Marketing Manager
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986392
Employer Ref. ID=1550
The Senior Commercial & Marketing Manager reports to the AVP, Digital News, and as part of a team of skilled digital professionals, helps drive the commercial aspects of the Digital News business in conjunction with marketing our digital news products to grow audience segments that contribute to greater monetization opportunities.
The role will suit an experienced and skilled manager who is passionate about delivering innovative products and services to enhance the digital news consumer’s experience, with a strong foundation in understanding the market demands from advertisers and agencies for digital advertising.
The Senior Manager must have the ability to identify and understand market needs for specific high-value audiences, and couple that with developing innovative solutions to attract them onto our Digital News properties (channelnewsasia.com & Todayonline). He/she will also be responsible for marketing efforts across multiple channels to grow such audiences across the various platforms.
- Understand and manage the Ad Revenue mix – identifying top advertisers / segments and what audience they demand
- Plan and execute regular and ad-hoc opportunities for topical/genre/event-led content environments to address and attract the high-yield audience
- Work with Digital Ad Solutions to monitor and assess ad unit yields, introduce new ad formats, whilst balancing with positive user experience
- Work with Commercial Ad Sales to craft and present the “Mediacorp Digital News story”, customized to key advertisers / sectors to garner better share-of-wallet
- Manage digital marketing efforts for Digital News products, with support from Digital Group’s Audience Development team.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Digital Media, particularly in Commercial roles (Ad Sales, Business Development both applicable)
- Good knowledge of paid, owned and earned digital media platforms
- Strong understanding of the Digital landscape and innovation trends (especially Adtech)
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.