Energy HR Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Senior Civil Estimator - Building and Construction
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034676
EA License No. 13C6834
Our client is Engineering, Construction, Building and Maintenance Company with a global presence. Their expertise is based on complex infrastructure projects in building, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, transport, water and public infrastructure, and they have ongoing projects throughout the South East Asian region.
There is currently a requirement for a Senior Estimator to work at the company’s head office in Singapore. As the Senior Estimator, run a team of Estimators and interact closely with other engineering and estimating staff.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
• Ensure that the Estimating team runs productively and efficiently
• Prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for tender submissions within the scope of appropriate drawings, specifications, quantities and cost data
• Review tender documentation issued by client and derive a thorough understanding of clients requirements
• Attend site visits and gain thorough understanding of local conditions
• Prepare a brief execution proposal and discuss with operational personnel and amend as required
In order to be successful, you will need to display;
• Minimum of 7 years Estimating experience in the heavy/civil construction or building industry
• Strengths in First Principal Estimating
• Relevant tertiary qualification in a related engineering discipline
• Good understanding of local codes and standards
• Sound costing and analytical skills
• Strong communication abilities with the capability to engage others
This is a ‘hands on’ position so a pro-active attitude with a willingness to work hard is essential.
Attractive salaries are on offer!