About the role
The candidate will be based in Singapore (HQ) but may be required to travel to other parts of Southeast Asia to work on assignments.
The primary role of the candidate will be to manage a team of 5-10 professionals, as well as being able to work with other managers on audit engagements, trainings, and quality control reviews.
The successful candidate can also look forward to other challenges including but not limited to due diligence and special investigations work, and advisory and consulting engagements.
- Manage full aspects of audit engagements, from planning, executing, reporting clearance of work and completion, up to inventorisation of audit files.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including, client’s expectations and deliverables, responsible for all client management services, act as a liaison between clients and engagement team.
- Involved in budgeting process to prepare forecast billings and collections on a regular basis, ensure timely billing and collections.
- Degree or professional accounting qualifications recognized by ISCA.
- At least 6-8 years of relevant audit experience in large/mid-tier international accounting firms.
- Strong technical (accounting/auditing standards) & interpersonal skills
- Possess good initiative, resourcefulness and meticulous.
- Independent yet team player with strong analytical, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including good report writing skills.
- Well conversant in computer skills in MS office.
- Ability to work within tight timeline and in a fast-paced environment.