Senior Associate, Senior Developer, Investment & Trading Tech, Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002959460
Employer Ref. 160001SF
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- This is a hard core developer position;
- The candidate is required to design/implement the system within defined timeline.
- The candidate is required to do deployments and configuring engines for best performance (Should have exposure to performance testing and fine tuning application)
- Must be able to translate customer requirements and formulate detailed specifications from which programs are written
- Be a developer and be a good a development team player.
- Design and coding an application.
- Show good attitude in working independently and interact with various tech teams for design and development
- Able to communicate and interact well with internal and external teams.
- Faster learner, and eager to catch up the latest technologies
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and Management or related fields
- Design and enhance applications by following Cloud platform best practices, techniques
- Be part of the development team in the implementation/deployment of software solutions
- Working in a very collaborative and agile team, you are expected to work interdependently – collaborate, negotiate, make trade-offs, handle conflicts. Strong capability to solve problems, be an out-of-box thinker who frequently comes up with new and ideas.
- This position will be largely involved in development
- Must have strong core Java knowledge, JDK 8 is preferred.
- Show passion in designing, and developing a distributed application, good exposure in Microservice.
- JMS (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Camel, etc) exposure is preferred.
- Preferable to have knowledge in Private Cloud platform (Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Knowledge in MariaDB, or at least should have knowledge in RMDB (e.g, MySQL, Oracle)
- Exposure in Big Data related technology will add-in advantage, e.g, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Impala, Oozie, Sqoop.
- Be an individual contributor to a Cloud-Ready project.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Solaris/Linux.
- Familiar with Agile practice, especially to the Scrum Master role.
- Experience with Continuous integration and Release automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
AVP/Senior Associate, Manager, Technology Risk Controls & Assurance, Technology and Operations
AVP / Senior Associate, Bancassurance Product Manager, Consumer Investments & Insurance Products, Consumer Banking Group