Senior Associate/AVP, Risk Analytics & Capital Management, Group Audit
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002959679
Employer Ref. 160001SM
Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group’s risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company’s internal controls.
- Maintaining solid understanding of rapidly evolving regulatory capital requirements inclusive of, but not limited to, Basel II Pillar II ICAAP Supervisory Requirements and MAS's regulations regarding capital planning for banks. In addition, the individual will be responsible for formulating associated audit strategies and plans to cover Basel II Pillar 2.
- Independently assess the Bank’s economic capital quantification framework with due considerations to pro-cyclicality and stress sensitivities within the Bank’s ICAAP including governance of quantification practices, and ensuring risks have been properly identified and appropriate methodologies and procedures are in place.
- Assess the adequacy of required capital estimates within the Bank’s Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and prepare required documentation to support the assessment to senior management and the Board.
- Involvement in reviews relating to Credit risk, Market risk and Liquidity risk analytics.
- Planning the internal audit plan using risk-based approach.
- Manage projects effectively to ensure completion within expected timeline.
- Identify, analyse, communicate and report audit findings/ recommendations clearly, accurately and objectively. Present findings to the management.
- Implementing audit-related initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of capital planning and management and key drivers of the sources and uses of capital.
- Thorough understanding of Basel II regulatory capital requirements and a sound understanding of Basel III preferred.
- Experience in developing corporate or retail credit risk rating models will be an advantage;
- Experience in market risk management, liquidity risk management and enterprise-wide stress testing is advantageous;
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual needed possessing the ability to excel under tight deadlines and be a proven team leader.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Contract Staff (Senior), Regional Securities & Fiduciary Operations, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology and Operations