Senior Analyst and Portfolio Manager
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958489
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3627970/001
Our client, an established firm in the asset management industry is actively looking for a Senior Analyst and Portfolio Manager to join the Singapore office. This role will report to the Head of Portfolio Manager and will receive steep learning curve as well as direct mentorship opportunities.
Our client is one of the largest and most experienced asset management firm in the APAC region. The business is looking to expand its coverage into the ASEAN countries. Our client operates on a lean organisational structure and a very dynamic culture.
An exciting opportunity which is equity generalist-orientated, focusing on long-short research in Asia with an emphasis on the Greater China and Hong Kong.
- Identify and analyse all relevant factors which can affect portfolio performance
- Responsible for industry and sector analysis, business and credit cycle
- Keep abreast of the regulatory developments from the local authorities
- Perform deep dive research and financial modelling on companies
- Collate data to garner a qualitative and quantitative opinion for determining the risk-reward aspect of the investment decision
- Involve in the end-to-end cycle of the portfolio allocation decisions
- Assist portfolio manager and provide buy/sell recommendations and country/sector allocation
- Liaise with senior level management and sell-side analysts for follow-up actions on portfolio companies
- Degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a similar capacity
- Demonstrated success in financial modelling and analysis
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage expectations
- Results oriented and strong analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Relevant investment exposure in the IT / technology sector and Greater China is a plus
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin would be an advantage as this role is required to handle documents written in Mandarin
- Competitive salary
- Good variable bonus
- Generous company benefits
- Direct mentorship
- Supportive culture
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Raymond Loh (Lic No: R1656149) on +65 6416 9834.
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.sg