Our people matter…
As a leading insurer in Singapore recognized for our strength and dependability, Great Eastern is forging ahead to be the choice financial services provider in the region and beyond. We are seeking highly energized individuals to join our dynamic workforce. In Great Eastern, we believe that our people matter, and we take personal interest in the career development of our people. Exciting opportunities and excellent rewards await you at Great Eastern.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002983692
Employer Ref. SBA002/16
Strategy and Business Analytics
You will support business stakeholders by providing information through dashboards in the areas of insurance operations, distribution managements, compliance, and finance.
- Gather and document business requirements from business stakeholders;
- Perform analysis to identify gaps in data that are required to build the dashboard;
- Develop SQL scripts to automate the extractions data to refresh the dashboard;
- Build dashboards to provide users with a more interactive and dynamic visualization of data;
- Provide enhancements to existing dashboards based on changes requested by the business stakeholders; and
- Continuously explore other data visualization techniques relevant to the insurance and keep abreast with new techniques or innovative use of data visualization tools.
- Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or related fields;
- A minimum of 3-4 years working experience with the last 1-2 years performing the Key Duties/Responsibilities as described above;
- Proficiency in data visualisation tools, such as QlikView, Cognos, MicroStrategy, or Tableau. Experience in QlikView is preferred;
- Competent in SQL to query databases such as Oracle, Teradata, or DB2. Experience in using SAS Enterprise Guide to process data is preferred;
- Possess working knowledge of AS400;
- Possess good communication and presentation skills to explain findings to business stakeholders;
- Possess strong reasoning and analytical skills to merge statistical insights with business realities; and
- Meticulous, organised, strong eye for details and good self-management skills.