Safety & Security Manager
Novotel & Mercure Singapore on Stevens
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003182844
- Conforms to and enforces policies and procedures & rules and regulations as laid down by AccorHotels and the Hotel in order to achieve the highest levels of uniformity and guest service.
- The Safety & Security Manager is responsible for the safety and security of guests, employees and the hotel assets.
- He reports directly to the Executive Assistant Manager, or his /herdesignee, and assists him/her in the implementation of the hotel policies and procedures.
- He coordinates all aspects of the hotel’s Security Programs with the Department Heads.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of security within the Hotel at all times.
- Directs, administers and co-ordinates the activities of the Security Department.
- Engages in the implementation of the hotel’s security and safety Procedures.
- Prepares and operates in accordance with a security plan.
- Keeps in touch with development in the mechanical and other aids to security and in techniques by maintaining contact with persons in parallel positions in other hotels and professional associations.
- Prepares daily incident reports, requisitions and other inter-office memorandum.
- Ensure that Security Manual is complete, updated, and that it is understood by all the staff.
- Implements procedures to ensure that the hotel’s policies and guidelines are observed, relating to the entry and exit of employees, suppliers, contractors employees, visitors and vehicles belonging to the company and other parties. This will include the discretionary right to search persons and vehicles.
- Develops and recommends to the management safety and security measures to safeguard:
- VIP’s and other guests
- Special functions in the hotel
- Hotel property and employees
- Concessionaires and shopping areas
- Vehicles in hotel property
- Plans and schedules the day-to-day activities of all security personnel, to ensure that all hotel areas are properly and adequately secured at all times.
- Makes recommendations to management on all matters where the security of the hotel’s plants, building materials and other property can be improved.
- Ensure that all the security staff is fully conversant with the operation of all fire equipment in the hotel and use such equipment if a fire occurs in the hotel; it is fully investigated and reported to the management.
- Investigates the report of any thefts and uses his sound judgment in dealing with these matters, and seeks the concurrence of the management if a police report is to be made.
- Maintains cooperation with the police and fire authorities and is responsible for dealing with any inquiries from them regarding crimes, accidents, etc involving the hotel, its employees or its guests.
- Allocates staff to carry out any other related duties, which may be required from time to time. These include :-
- Control and direction of all commercial and private traffic entering and leaving the work and office area.
- Control the parking of cars and motorcycles in the hotel’s driveway or its vicinity.
- Prepares annual security goals, develops working methods and plans to carry out goals, compares actual accomplishments against goals periodically and takes necessary corrective action.
- Checks performance of personnel, reads logbooks to determine needs for action or follow up work, corrects mistakes or inadequacies of personnel.
- Performs duties common to all supervisors and other duties as may be assigned, which includes conducting performance appraisals.
- To handle and resolve all guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner and to establish an amicable relationship with all clients, customers and guests of the Hotel.
- Monitor the security budget.
- Have a good relationship with all colleagues.
- Shortlist new staff in conjunction with the Human Resource Department
- Conducts training, meets with the hotel personnel, instructs on the use of proper security measures, and assists in periodical fire drills.
- To conduct monthly WHS meetings with the respective department representatives and to submit Minutes of Meeting to General Manager, Resident Manager and Human Resource Manager.
- Praise staff for work well done, good work habits and other characteristics that are in common with the hotel’s goals and objectives.
- Train personnel according to established procedures, conducts training meeting to discuss problems giving instructions and assignments, etc.
- Develop and implement procedures to govern security activities, see to it that personnel understand and adhere to approved standard procedures and policies of the hotel.
- See to the enforcement of all house rule policies, rules and regulations pertaining to security activities.
- Spot check employee performance regularly, correct mistakes and inadequacies.
- Understand, supportive, encouraging and helpful to all.
- To perform other related duties and special projects as required by the General Manager.
- To be ready and responsible to perform any other duties as designated or required by Management from time to time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted. Thank you.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Novotel & Mercure Singapore on Stevens
About Novotel & Mercure Singapore on Stevens
About Novotel & Mercure Singapore on Stevens
Set to open in Q3 - 2017, Novotel & Mercure Singapore on Stevens boasts a state-of-the-art architecture and is complemented by the picturesque city landscape. Nestled in the bustling hub of F&B and commercial outlets, the hotel is located near to Scotts Road and Orchard Road shopping belts.
Novotel Singapore on Stevens will offer 254 rooms, an elegantly designed ballroom, meeting facilities, F&B outlets, a fully equipped fitness centre, and swimming pools while Mercure Singapore on Stevens will have 528 rooms, an inviting lobby bar/café ambience and a gymnasium.