ABOUT WSP | PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together a unique pool of technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. The depth of our expertise and advice spans across the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 34,500 talented people in 500 offices across 40 countries, we are uniquely positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever our clients need us. http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Resident Technical Officers (Airfield Lighting) M&E
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035247
Resident Technical Officer (Airfield Lighting) M&E – Job ID 32166
The Resident Technical Officer (M&E) shall be required to perform the following job responsibilities.
- To supervise the timely execution of the works and maintain quality control and ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the contract specifications, drawings, allocated timeframe, all other contract documents and site instructions.
- To carry out inspection of mechanical and engineering works prior to concreting or subsequent construction works
- To check on quality of materials, samples delivered to site and mock-ups and report to Superintending Officer / Consultant / Qualified Person on any materials that are not conforming to the specifications.
- To ensure that the required tests/factory acceptance test in connection with the M&E Services and/or system are carried out where necessary.
- To prepare defect lists, monitor progress of rectification works and ensure all defects are satisfactorily rectified
- Carry out coordination of all services. To help resolve contractor’s queries and coordinate the works with other contractors.
- Candidate with the following experience will be an advantage and favourably considered for shorlisting.
- IBMS experience
- Networking setup experience, preferable come with CCNA/network certification
- Computer engineering experience
- IT/ELV/Security/CCTV experience
Subcontractor engineer/supervisors with the aforementioned relevant experience are encourage to apply.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in related field with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution or relevant qualifications.
- Certificate in Building Construction Supervisors Safety (BCSS) Course.
- Conversant with statutory code and requirements for site supervision, quality control procedures, construction administration and submission of progress report.
- Good analytical ability with strong verbal and written communication skills. Competent in keeping and maintaining proper and updated site records on progress of work
- Pro-active in resolving and managing site issue with good team spirit.
- Must be willing to do shift work.
We invite qualified applicants to apply online at http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Click on “CAREERS”, “JOB OPPORTUNITIES”, search by Job ID/Country and submit resume with present & expected salary and contact details.
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidates. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.