ABOUT WSP | PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together a unique pool of technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. The depth of our expertise and advice spans across the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 34,500 talented people in 500 offices across 40 countries, we are uniquely positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever our clients need us. http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Resident Engineer (Airfield Lighting) M&E - Job ID 32165
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035241
Resident Engineer (Airfield Lighting) – Job ID 32165
The Resident Engineer (M&E) shall be required to perform the following job responsibilities.
- To ensure that the M&E works are constructed in accordance with drawings, specifications, code of practices and the Building Control Act and Regulations.
- To monitor and report on the progress of works.
- To carry out inspection of mechanical and engineering works prior to concreting or subsequent construction works
- To provide leadership, manage and supervise the Resident Technical Officer under his charge
- To ensure that records tests, defect rectification, inspections, work progress, material and equipment on site, safety, etc, are timely updated and properly kept.
- To attend site, progress and coordination meetings.
- To resolve contractor’s queries and coordinate the works of the contractors and other contractors on site.
- To coordinate and liaise with all relevant authorities if necessary.
- To check on quality of materials delivered to site and report to S.O. of any materials that are not conforming to the specification.
- To keep accurate record of variations as instructed or approved by the Superintending Officer and to maintain a set of updated drawings on site.
- To check all drawings (including shopdrawings, construction drawings) and specifications for discrepancies and to report to the Supervision QP, consultants or Superintending Officer.
- Candidate with the following experience will be an advantage and favourably considered for shortlisting.
- IBMS experience
- Networking setup experience, preferable come with CCNA/network certification
- Computer engineering experience
- IT/ELV/Security/CCTV experience
Subcontractor engineer/supervisors with the aforementioned relevant experience are encourage to apply.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in related field with 3 years of relevant experience.
- A mechanical or electrical engineering degree recognised by the Professional Engineers Board of Singapore.
- The RE- AFL may lead M&E site staff to monitor, supervise and inspect works as directed by the Client and/or the project consultants. He must possess good leadership qualities, organisational and inter-personal skills.
- Conversant with statutory code and requirements for site supervision, quality control procedures, construction administration and submission of progress report.
- Possesses strong supervision and leadership skills.
- Must be willing to do shift work.
We invite qualified applicants to apply online at http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Click on “CAREERS”, “JOB OPPORTUNITIES”, search by Job ID/Country and submit resume with present & expected salary and contact details.
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidates. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.