We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our services and the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business opportunities across the world.
People should come to work with us because we provide real benefit to many of the world’s leading organisations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.
Researcher - Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence, South-east Asia
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003153943
Researchers undertake English and local language research for integrity due diligence, compliance, business intelligence and investigative assignments across South-east Asia. They write clear, detailed and analytical reports that effectively communicate our findings to clients.
This is an entry-level position that will provide the right candidate with the opportunity for a varied and rewarding career with Control Risks.
The successful candidate will have the language skills and focus on Vietnam projects, while also being expected to support work in all other countries in South-east Asia.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Conduct research into companies, individuals and topics by effectively identifying suitable data and information, and accurately filtering that information.
- Conduct analysis by drawing out the meaning from identified information and linking it to implications for our clients.
- Follow defined research methodologies and processes.
- Write research-based reports and incorporate human intelligence findings into reports under overall direction of a senior team member.
- Consistently produce reports that are clear and well-written, logical, contain minimal errors in spelling, grammar or unclear thinking, and are submitted according to agreed deadlines.
- Fulfil project objectives and deliverables for two or three separate projects at any one time and manage own workload.
- Develop expertise in one or two markets within South-east Asia.
- Proactively seek to strengthen the department’s resource methodologies and sources of information.
Knowledge and Experience :
- Knowledge of and interest in current affairs, including business-politics of key markets in South-east Asia, particularly Vietnam.
Qualifications and Specialist Skills :
- Fluency in Vietnamese and ability to conduct media research in the language.
- Excellent English-language writing skills.
- Practical ability to source and filter relevant information.
- Naturally curious to learn about new information sources relevant to CFI’s clients.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in experimenting with different keyword searches and research methodologies.
- Ability to think critically and link research goals and related sources to client objectives.
- Enjoys learning about different businesses, political trends and data.
- Understanding of commercial nature of Control Risks’ work.
- Understanding of clients’ needs.
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong work ethic.
- Experience in use of corporate, media and litigation databases.
- Shows initiative in work, contributing new solutions or new ways of doing things.
- Clear, committed and delivers on what is required in role and strives to exceed expectations. Shows drive and determination to achieve high standards.
- Responds to clients positively and is flexible, provides best possible service to clients; puts the client first.
- Works with colleagues in a co-operative and supportive manner to achieve joint aims.
- Shows understanding and awareness of personal impact on profit / margin, understands the need to be commercial about our work. Understands business terminology.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing; plans and organises own workload, prioritising when necessary.
All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
How to apply:
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please click on APPLY NOW and submit your covering letter and C.V., with stating your current salary.