You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Research Scientist (Neuroscience)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002986838
The Radiobiology Research Laboratory in the Singapore Nuclear Research and Safety Initiative (SNRSI), National University of Singapore, seeks to recruit a highly skilled Research Fellow. We are interested in individuals whose research addresses fundamental issues in neuroscience at the molecular, cellular and/or systems level. Applicants holding a Ph.D. degree and demonstrating an outstanding record of scientific achievement in neuroscience research, especially, in the areas of brain neurogenesis, neural stem cell research, cerebrovascular and glial responses to radiation exposure, learning and memory, brain aging will be considered.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate radiation effect on brain development in mouse models
- Culture neural or glial stem cells and endothelial cells to study the molecular mechanisms of radiation-induced abnormal neuro- or glia-genesis and angiogenesis.
- Investigate radiation-induced brain aging.
- A Ph. D in Neuroscience, in particular, in neural stem cell or brain neurogenesis research
- Strong background in culture of neural or glial stem cells and endothelial cells
- Experience in molecular biological research work
- Good communications skills and a team player
- Desirable attributes: self-motivated, organized, meticulous, efficient and flexible