You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Research Laboratory Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002982869
Employer Ref. 004E3
- Oversee the day-to-day laboratory activities, including the effective operation of essential scientific equipment and laboratory facilities
- Co-ordinate and supervise vendors performing maintenance and repairs core research equipment and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, ensure effective record keeping processes that comply with established research policies and standards
- Responsible of equipment maintenance schedule and license renewals
- Assist users in the operation of core research equipment and infrastructure eg autoclaves
- Coordinate and maintain laboratory Safety programmes with in-house and external agencies to ensure compliance with established safety standards and regulations
- Supervise laboratory officers to maintain the smooth and safe organization and function of the laboratory
- Responsible for laboratory safety and security e.g. laboratory waste management, laboratory equipment commissioning and decommissioning
- Supervise administrative functions, including verification of invoices for works performed by vendors and maintenance companies
- Conduct safety presentation and other introductory briefing to new laboratory users
- Any other related tasks that may be assigned by Reporting Officer taking advantage of the manager’s professional expertise.
- Degree in Medicine/Dentistry, Life-Sciences/Bio-Medical Engineering or related disciplines
- Research experience of MSc research and management/administration experience in Medicine/Dentistry, Life-Sciences/Bio-Medical Engineering laboratories will be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Meticulous and resourceful
- Responsible and ability to work with dynamic teams with diverse background and expertise