Lee Kong Chian School Of Medicine (NTU)
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a partnership between Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Imperial College London, will train a generation of doctors who will put patients at the centre of their exemplary medical care. Graduates of the five-year undergraduate medical degree programme that begins in 2013 will have a strong understanding of the scientific basis of medicine, along with interdisciplinary subjects including business management, humanities and technology.
The School’s primary clinical partner is the National Healthcare Group, a leader in public healthcare recognised for the quality of its medical expertise, facilities and teaching. The School, named after local philanthropist Tan Sri Dato Lee Kong Chian, aims to be a future model for innovative medical education. Its first doctors will graduate in 2018 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), awarded jointly by NTU and Imperial College London, and become doctors who will enhance Singapore’s healthcare in the decades to come.
Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Asst Prof Foo Jia Nee
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002989260
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research fellow in the Laboratory of Asst Prof Foo Jia Nee
We are a newly established research laboratory focused on the genetics and genomics of neurological diseases, funded by a National Research Foundation (NRF) fellowship. For more information, please visit:
We are looking to recruit a research fellow with a strong background and interest in human disease genetics and/or neuroscience, with strong inclination for a career in academia or industry. This individual is expected to:
- Lead key projects in the laboratory involving large-scale resequencing of human DNA samples.
- Be responsible for statistical and bioinformatics analyses of sequencing data
- Work closely with research assistants and associates to evaluate, troubleshoot and optimize experimental protocols
- Maintain frequent contact and communication with clinical collaborators
- Keep up to date with latest research in the field of genetics and neuroscience
- Participate actively in discussions, writing manuscripts and grant applications.
Our laboratory is currently based at Genome Institute of Singapore, A*STAR, Biopolis, but will relocate partially to the new Clinical Sciences Building in the LKCMedicine Novena campus by early 2017.
Background and qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences (preferably related to the field of genetics and/or neuroscience) from an internationally-renowned university.
- Prior research experience in molecular biology, next generation sequencing analysis, neuroscience, single-cell genomics/transcriptomics, or statistics and bioinformatics
- Some knowledge in coding (perl, C/C++, java, python, R etc) will be an advantage
- Self-motivated, independent and well-organized, with excellent technical and communication skills
- First-authored publications in reputable biomedical journals will be a major advantage.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply to Dr Foo Jia Nee with your cover letter, CV and names of three referees at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: 31 December 2016