You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Research Engineer/ Associate/ Fellow
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003028058
Employer Ref. 004M8
One of the focuses of this project is to design and develop highly efficient wireless sensor and actuator networks to monitor the indoor-environment as well as energy-related information of power supplies and electric loads in buildings to enhance the energy efficiency meanwhile maintaining human comfort. The possibility of renewable energy integration to power the sensor and actuator nodes is also to be investigated.
We seek motivated candidates with suitable qualifications who are able to show a proven excellent record in research, and are ready to thrive in a dynamic, multi‐cultural and multi‐disciplinary team. The successful candidate should demonstrate a track record of delivering novel designs in the field of wireless sensor and actuator network, power electronics and renewable energy technologies. The candidate is also expected to be self‐motivated, able to supervise research engineers or MSc students, and able to propose research ideas.
In particular we seek a person with the following skills:
- B.Engg./M.Engg./PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering with specialization in Embedded Systems/ Control Systems / Communication Systems / Computer Science/Power Electronics
- Relevant experience in the design, simulation, and implementation of communication protocols, power converters and drives, real‐time control algorithms Knowledge in optimization algorithms, debugging controllers, wireless technologies such as Wi‐Fi, ZigBee, etc.
- Experience developing in programming languages such as Java, Python, C/C++, MATLAB and Hardware Design Tool like Altium PCB Designer
- Fluent verbal and written communications in English
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities