CBRE Asia Pacific is an integral part of CBRE Group, the world's largest commercial real estate services firm. Over 7,800 professionals focus on the alignment of our clients' overall business objectives with their real estate requirements. The Asia Pacific region comprises 87 offices (excluding affiliates) across Australia, New Zealand, India, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore and Greater China including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. We work together to provide unparalleled tools and resources, leverage, credibility, market coverage and local expertise.
Regional Security Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003029787
Employer Ref. 5381
- Drive the technical security delivery function for CBRE APAC within the Client account.
- Establish, implement and review Policies, Key Operating Procedures and Key Performance Indicators for security operations and to streamline and standardize those operations across APAC.
- To be responsible for management and oversight of the Technical Security Systems Team operations and to align with the requirements of the DB Technical Security Service Delivery Manager (SDM).
- To standardise and align the operational and technical security delivery regionally across all in scope CBRE countries in APAC. This will require alignment to the APAC CBRE Regional Security Lead and the DB Corporate
- Security Technical and Operations SDMs. This role will drive the administrative oversight for CBRE regional security processes and will work with country specific security personnel and facility managers to align with CBRE and DB policy and administrative oversight requirements, including those related to internal and external audits.
- To assist in conducting technical security risk assessments & site security surveys of DB buildings within APAC as and when required and tracking any resultant recommendations to appropriate closure to mitigate risk to DB.
- Own and project manage to closure any risk mitigation measures required as a consequence of the technical security survey findings / concepts.
- Assist in the tender process for any new technical security related vendors in line with CBRE and Client's global procurement and cost policies.
- Commensurate with the dynamic aspects of an operational security role, be a 24/7, 365 day point of escalation for all technical security matters within APAC.
- Manage and coordinate cost savings against current service delivery for all technical security vendors in the APAC region, in conjunction with wider regional and global savings commitments.
- Support Client's Corporate Security department regionally on projects and policy related matters as required.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Knowledge of operational security delivery, with emphasis on technical security. Experience with integrated security solutions and manned guarding is a plus. Technical security knowledge is paramount and must have the ability/aptitude to learn on-the-go.
- Experience with commercial security and/or risk management. Experience with a company in APAC, one from the financial sector and military or law enforcement/government experience is preferable, but not required.
- Project management experience of small to large projects, including managing the RFI / RFP processes and tender documentation preparation is preferable. Will need to have a "hands-on" approach and be flexible in both their outlook and management style.
- Understanding of the significance of compliance and transparency within a regulated government or corporate environment.
- Experience with the operational delivery of an Environment, Health & Safety program is desirable.
- Some management experience preferred as this position will require oversight of a number of employees.
- Practical knowledge of applicable local, regional and International security standards.
- Willingness to provide on-call support out of hours and manage a 24x7 operational management capability with the numerous security vendors.
- Self-motivated and goal-orientated with ability to prioritise own and other's workloads.
- A team player, with excellent interpersonal and proven management skills, with the ability to mentor and motivate others. Must be able to balance the needs of the vendor and client in a highly dynamic and team-orientated environment.
- Must be able to fit the Client's CS-Corporate Security and CBRE cultures and manage the client relationship.
- IT literate and competent using MS Office and associated software, with excellent report writing, business case preparation and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel throughout APAC. Will be subject to pre-employment vetting and must pass with a clean record.
- Ideally will have an established network of contacts within APAC law enforcement and associated professional security organizations.
- Relevant industry recognised qualifications (CPP/PSP) are preferred, but not required.