People Profilers - AdrielLaw
Regional Legal Counsel (Oil&Gas)(West)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002961532
EA License No 02C4944
- Oil & Gas MNC
- Nearest MRT: Jurong East
- 5 day work week
Our client, a Oil & Gas MNC is looking for a Regional Legal Counsel, to join them.
- Act as the regional legal counsel with focus on the Asia division activities of group companies and joint ventures;
- Provide a solid legal and governance framework and sound environment with a minimum of legal risks;
- Independently initiate and ensure professional and effective legal advice, guidance and support in various areas of law and on a regional basis;
- Train and develop less experienced legal counsels as well as non-legal staff
- Maximize value of the Legal function for the company by using soft skills, creativity and innovation;
- Keep perception of the overall picture and interests of the company
- Integrate various perspectives to make and prepare best well-informed decisions of the top Division management;
- Strike the right balance between being a subject matter expert and broader understanding of the various business activities;
- Provide advice, support and guidance to and liaise with Division management regarding:
(i) business strategy and policy matters from a legal perspective
(ii) complex, sensitive or challenging legal matters
(iii) supervise divisional legal matters
- Provide professional advice, support and guidance to project teams including accommodation of balancing complex ‘go’ or ‘no go’ decisions.
- Provide a solid legal framework and enable those entities to achieve the objectives in a legally sound environment and with a minimum of legal risks.
- Independently ensure professional and effective legal advice, guidance and support in various areas of law, both to the management and project teams as well as to operating companies in Singapore or abroad.
- Actively contribute to, or initiate, policy formulation and pragmatically approach complicated legal and other matters, keeping perspective of the over-all picture and preserving the commercial interests often in self-initiated cooperation with other disciplines (tax, treasury and control, SHE, human resources and risk management).
- Ensuring support of the Legal Department for an optimal application of legal knowledge and expertise
- Act as the Company Secretary for the company and preparations of board meetings and the annual general meeting of shareholders.
- Ensuring optimal secretarial support for a number of holding companies.
- Possess at least a Degree in Law or related fields
- At least 10-15 years of specialized legal experience
- Knowledge on merger and acquisition expertise, regulatory, legislative and compliance
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
People Profilers Pte Ltd, 1 Finlayson Green #18-01 Singapore 049246 Tel: 6589 5802 Fax: 6536 7890
EA Licence Number: 02C4944
Posting Personnel: Law Jian Sheng, Adriel
Registration Number: R1655690