MCC Transport Singapore Pte. Ltd.
MCC Transport is the dedicated Intra–Asia arm for the A.P. Moller –Maersk (APMM) Group delivering containerized cargo through an extensive network spanning Bangladesh to East Russia. As an independent business unit that is part of the APMM Group we carry our own IAS cargo, significant feedering volumes for Maersk Line as well as other carriers with whom we have cultivated long-term partnerships. We have over 500 staff in 14 countries with Headquarters (HQ)situated in Singapore and operate a fleet of over 60 ships. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced work environment where employees are empowered and expected to take ownership and held accountable for their performance. We subscribe to the APMM Group philosophy and core values which have been in place over the last 100 years and have a strong employee value proposition with career development and opportunities available globally.
Regional Capacity Coordinator
jobsDB Ref. JSG300003001210544
Employer Ref. 57033267
- Ensure services are optimally utilized at all times.
- Execute standard allocations per service as set by Trade Manager, ensuring the allocations are clearly communicated to and understood by agents/countries and internal/external slot partners (including Maersk Line, MSC, CMA-CGM, etc).
- Manage the re-distribution of allocations on daily basis with the aim to improve utilization and string results. Actively monitor bookings uptake and engage the relevant stakeholders to drive utilization.
- Obtain forecasts from MCC countries and VSA partners for weekly capacity planning process and develop tools and SOPs to improve forecast accuracy.
- Monitor and analyse utilization performance, address forecasting accuracy and downfall issues.
- Responsible for all daily capacity operations, including accurate and timely load list (coprar) for stowage planning, ensuring that rolling operations are timely co-ordinated and carried out with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and minimise longstanding, re-nominations and similar associated costs.
- Develop and execute network plans for the MCC vessels including rationalisation/cost savings for seasonal changes like Lunar new year, Ramadan and Golden Week.
- Work close to Marine Operations to ensure schedule reliability by monitoring schedule and cargo operations.
- Monitor and detect transport plan deviations and handle these accordingly.
- Plan ahead basis capacity forecasts and operational situations, develop and propose alternatives/ contingencies to String Managers to handle capacity challenges (delays/omission of ports etc resulting in overflows).
- Handle contingency plans in coordination with stakeholders in HQ and countries.
- Provide utilization visibility to stakeholders and recommend actions to improve utilization (or handle overflows).
- Assist Trade Managers and Network Planning teams with inputs for services changes and studies to optimize fluctuations of capacity requirements and to avoid operational bottlenecks.
- Work close to colleagues in countries in order to understand cargo flow pattern and other aspect influencing utilization.
- Analyse and evaluate performance of deployed vessels based on cargo mix vs. intake and stowage restrictions.
- Cultivate a harmonious working relationship with MCC Country Agents and Maersk Line’s LOC teams.
- Cultivate also harmonious working relationships with key 3rd party partners/slot users like OOCL, NYK, MSC etc.
- Highlight process issues and be part of the solution of fixing the root causes by working with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Initiate best practice initiatives by sharing experiences/lessons with the team and country teams.
- Vessel optimisation techniques and balancing supply with demand.
- Improve analytical skills and participating in decision making to optimise service string results.
- Understanding commercial and yield priorities and drivers.
- Learn the dynamics of Intra-Asia trade which is the world’s fastest growing trade.
- Gain experience in handling diverse stakeholders.
- Effective communication across diverse cultures.
- Exposure to and interaction with senior management team.
- A minimum of 3 years in liner operations, capacity, commercial or yield management.
- Advanced knowledge of capacity planning and cargo execution processes, Maersk reporting, data analysis and operations systems (e.g. COMS, Marvel, GSIS, Box-I).
- Highly analytical and comfortable working with complexity.
- Able to work within strict deadlines.
- Process improvement and cost focused mindset, passion for excellence.
- Result oriented, drive and dedication to make things happen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to motivate and coach peers and colleagues.