Transforming challenges into opportunity. Accelerating careers. Propelling business growth. Few companies can match Experis’ scope, history of success and our reputation as the global leader in professional talent and solutions. We know that peak performance is humanly possible. We help our clients and our talent to achieve it through our deep industry knowledge and an unmatched understanding of human potential.
Experis accelerates business growth and careers by intensely attracting, assessing and placing specialized expertise in Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Healthcare and other industries. We precisely deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. We also apply our expertise to provide a suite of proven workforce solutions that improve our clients' productivity, efficiency and cost containment.
Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup – a world leader in employment services for nearly 70 years, and a recognized pioneer in the industry.
Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003029125
EA License No 02C3423
- Control commercial position of all assigned projects through experience in risk management, project cost control, contract and sub contractor management and the financial management of a project through the application of expert knowledge of cost forecasting, with an overall understanding of the implications of design decisions, scope changes and project delays.
- Maintains customer satisfaction at acceptable levels, assist in promptly resolving customer issues
- Control margin deviation through rigorous cost control and forecasting
- Participate in early reporting of risks / opportunities and potential risk of margin deviation
- Contribute to well managed Project Reviews providing early reporting and clear/concise information about the project financial status
- Assist in the preparation of contractual correspondence with reference to specific entitlements and time bars as set out in the Contract (e.g. EOT, delay notices, variations).
- Management of the variation process and claims and agreement with customer
- Manage the EOT process, claims and where appropriate negotiations with customer.
- Ensure maintenance of an audit file for each contract which will include contract, correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Manage the variation process, claims and where appropriate negotiations
- Ensure accurate evaluation of sub-contractor payment claims, and ensure payment schedule issued in compliance with legislation.
- Agree all subcontractors contractual and performance issues. Set-up and management a central register detailing the issue and retrieval of all Bonds / Guarantees and Warranty documentation.
- Ensure Project Managers maintain up to date JML/BoQ/BOM for their project, clearly showing estimated final cost for materials. Interrogate the above and ensure full and robust process in place ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Ensure regular reconciliation of actual costs against forecasts, adjusting and updating as necessary
- Relevant degree or diploma qualification desired, likely to include Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- Membership of a QS body (e.g. AIQS, RICS) is an advantage Thorough understanding of Contract Administration in a construction environment is essential
- At least 5 year’s experience in quantity surveying/cost management/contract administration on construction projects is essential