You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Quantity Surveyor (OCS/FP/LGH)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003028976
Employer Ref. 004L9
Provide administrative specialist support and policies administration to the Facilities Planning department for a variety of business functions including but not limited to the following: -
- Prepare estimate, call quotation/tender including preparation of drawings, specifications and etc.
- Assist in tender evaluations & recommendations.
- Assist in contract administration and management such as following up with compilation of contract documents including all contract drawings and etc.
- Prepare cash flows, processing progress claims, payments, variation orders, submission of guarantees, manuals, as built, finalization of accounts and etc.
- Develop yearly expense budgets including processing and reviewing operating expenditures.
- Generating ad hoc reports and data extracts as requested.
- Verify fixed asset whenever needed.
- General coordination of department activities, work requests, scheduling and follow-up of outstanding issues including working with user.
- Responsible in general facility / building management & maintenance, general administrative duties and other ad hoc projects or duties as assigned.
Candidate must possess relevant Degree in Building / Project and Facilities Management/ Quantity Surveying / Engineering with minimum 1-2 years relevant working experience in construction.
Familiar with GEBiz, procurement procedures and guidelines and legal requirements.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Able to work independently with minimal supervision & well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Able to scrutinize drawing and identify discrepancies
Competent with MS Office applications including Access and experience with GEBiz would be advantageous