Sembcorp Marine provides innovative engineering solutions to the global marine and offshore industry, drawing upon more than 50 years of track record. Our customers include major oil companies, drilling contractors, shipping companies as well as owners and operators of floating production units.
QAQC Piping Inspector
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960263
- Inspect the job as per approved procedures, client’s specification, applicable code, standards & approved drawings.
- Ensure quality of inspected items meet project requirement and standard.
- Ensure HSE requirements are all in place at all time and ensure compliance to HSE regulations and requirements.
- Ensure that the construction quality is in accordance with the approved Project Quality Plan.
- Read, understand and implement project related ITP, Procedures, Specification requirements
- Review Documents and Drawings as per specification
- Ensure weld numbers/Piece mark numbers in QCS populating
- Ensure Material verification against MSR, cutting plan and MV Report
- Verify and ensure cutting plan against actual cutting of material.
- Perform fit-up inspection against drawing/WPS
- Send daily RFI to client and conduct Quality orientation for piping to PMT/QC/Subcon.
- Perform visual inspection and maintain the reports.
- Ensure inspectors surveillance reports/ inspection reports are in place
- Ensure outstanding NDE were performed and follow up with NDE team
- Maintain latest drawings/E12/Release note folders properly
- Raise QAI/NCR if any non-compliance observed
- NDE % coverage monitoring and maintain the register as per project requirement.
- Attend daily tool box meeting in time
- Participating on weekly HSE safety briefing and delivering talk
- Conduct weekly quality walk with client/PMT
- Review piping pressure test pack and compiling of weld and material summary reports.
- Monitoring and maintaining record of inspection status of piping test packs
- Co-ordinate with Notifying body for site inspection PED approval
- Final document compilation and submission and get client/surveyor acceptance.
- Bachelor degree/diploma in engineering and with valid welding inspection certificate such as AWS Certified Welding Inspector or IWI, CSWIP 3.1 or API 570 Piping Inspector
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in offshore platform/ oil and gas
- Knowledgeable in reading, understanding engineering drawings and specification requirements.
- Understand piping fabrication/installation inspection and testing requirements.
- Knowledgeable in welding inspection and in quality assurance and quality control system.
- Familiar with basic conventional NDT methods.
- Computer literate and familiar in using basic Microsoft office programs
- Good/corrected vision.
- Must be physically fit as job entails work on modules and offshore environment.
- Good team player and able to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Willing to commit overtime
- Willing to commit to shiftwork when required
- Willing to travel overseas when required
- 5 days work week: Mondays to Fridays- 8.00am to 5.30pm
- Working location: 60 Admiralty Road West #02-01, Singapore 759947(Transport provided)
Interested candidates with relevant background, please send your updated resume with current & expected salary, reason for exploring and notice period/earliest availability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that your personal data disclosed to Sembcorp Marine Ltd and our group of companies, shall be used for the purposes of evaluation, and processing in accordance with our recruitment processes and policies. By providing your personal data, you have consented to the aforesaid purpose under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.