Sofitel Singapore City Centre
Sofitel Singapore City Centre, an iconic hotel opening 2nd Quarter 2017, will form part of a mixed use development at Tanjong Pagar Centre, a multi-billion dollar development, which will become Singapore’s tallest building at 290 metres set around landscaped parkland and direct MRT station access.
The 222-room Sofitel Singapore City Centre will offer chic designed rooms, 4 Food and Beverage options, a ballroom and several meeting rooms, fitness and pool facilities.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003032689
We are currently looking for a Purchasing Officer with a good command of English (written and spoken), excellent accounting skills with adaptability, good analytical and administration skills.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Purchasing Department.
- Report daily occurrences to the Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure that the purchase policy and procedures are adhered to under the supervision of the purchasing manager. Choose the best price not at the expense of maintaining our quality and standard.
- Process the Purchase Request and ultimately the Purchase Order.
- Prepare the required reports assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiate with selected suppliers and obtain competitive quotations.
- Assist to inspect and check that suppliers have appropriate authority / certificate to trade goods when acting on behalf as agents.
- Compare the quotation of purchasing decisions and report to the purchasing manager.
- Ensure most economical purchase of goods and services for the hotel, ensuring that purchasing is committed on most competitive terms.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or Hospitality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident, approachable, patient with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret financial information with a strong understanding of overall hotel operations.
Date of issue: November 28, 2016