Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities
Professional Officer (ICT)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003084812
Reporting to the Director, Professional Officers Division, the Professional Officer (ICT) plays a key role in providing specialist and instructional support to the delivery of academic programmes.
(A) Laboratory/Teaching Facilities Management
- Work with faculty in the development, design and planning of laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities for the ICT program.
- Coordinate and assist in the evaluation, procurement and commissioning of lab teaching and research resources.
- Work independently and with fellow Professional Officers to ensure proper operations and maintenance of lab teaching and research resources as well as in the preparation of lab teaching materials.
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations; perform risk assessment for all practical work conducted within the laboratory
(B) Instructional Design & Support
- Assist the faculty in curriculum development work, such as developing laboratory manuals and designing experiments for practical work or assignments.
- Provide in-house training to staff and students on usage of specific laboratory or workshop equipment.
- Support the faculty in the supervision and assessment of students for IWSP, ITP (integrative team project) and for Final Year Projects/Capstones
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university
- A good degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering from a recognized University. Industrial certifications in relevant areas of computing will be an added advantage
- Familiar with systems development life cycle (SDLC), and experienced in setup and management of software development environment and configuration activities to support testing and maintenance of information system, software applications, hosted services and websites
- At least 3 years of relevant work/teaching/training experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems, and the ability to be in a hands-on environment.
- A committed believer in continuous learning and self-improvement, with a strong sense of confidence in managing his/her own learning process.
- Enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills