Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities
Professional Officer (Biomedical/Biomechanical Engineering)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033441
The Professional Officer facilitates SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities such as labs, student projects and Integrated Work Study Programme to enhance the students’ technical problem solving skills and increase their preparedness for industry.
- Work with faculty in the development, design, planning and set-up of laboratories for teaching and research activities. This may involve activities to plan, procure and subsequently manage equipment in the lab, provide training to staff and students on usage of specific laboratory equipment as well as development of lab manuals.
- The specific laboratories are related to radiation therapy, radiography, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and healthcare simulation.
- Assist the faculty during practical classes such as those related to anatomy and physiology, neurobiology and biomechanics.
- Guide students to on the usage of relevant equipment during projects. This may include the possibility of co-supervision of students in their projects and laboratory assignments as a part of applied learning. Assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Participate in innovation project/s together with faculty and students.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Degree in Biomedical Science/Engineering, Mechanical/Electronic Engineering from a recognized University.
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in a healthcare and/or biomedical engineering setting.
- Professional Officers appointed at senior levels may have managerial responsibilities.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the design, operation, usage and/or maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Have strong technical knowledge of biomedical equipment and systems as well as preventive maintenance of medical equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of biostatistics would be an advantage.
- Passionate about training, coaching and mentoring junior practitioners.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with people within and external to the university.
- Flexibility to work across functions/teams as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Show strong initiative and take ownership of work