Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities
Professional Officer (Finance)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033436
Reporting to the Director, Professional Officers Division, the Professional Officer (Finance) plays a key role in providing specialist and instructional support to the delivery of academic programmes.
(A) Instructional Design & Support
- Conduct workshops to students, faculty and other SIT stakeholders on the use of Bloomberg and/or other platforms (eg, CAP SIM) in the Applied Business Simulation lab;
- Assist faculty in embedding business simulations into the curriculum design;
- Assist faculty in conducting business simulation classes using Bloomberg and/or other platforms (eg, CAP SIM);
- Assist faculty in liaising with the platform providers on updates and maintenance of the subscribed data platform(s);
- Provide face to face or online guidance to users of the Applied Business Simulation lab;
- Provide mentorship to Accountancy students during their Integrated Work Study Program stint;
- Manage the general operations and functions of the Applied Business Simulation lab, including the contract for license renewal, maintenance for the platform in the lab
- CFA or equivalent professional membership. At least 3 years of relevant work experience preferably, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- High proficiency level in using Bloomberg Professional Services (Bloomberg);
- Past experience in embedding the use of Bloomberg into a tertiary programme;
- Knowledge of other data platform such as Thomson Reuters’ Eikon, WRDS etc will be an added advantage
- Proficient in research and academic support work, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- A committed believer in continuous learning and self-improvement, with a strong sense of confidence in managing his/her own learning process.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills