Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities
Professional Officer (Telematics)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988303
Reporting to the Director, Professional Officers Division, the Professional Officer (Telematics) plays a key role in providing specialist and instructional support to the delivery of academic programmes. SIT offers a specialist career path for Professional Officers to develop them to their highest career potential in their respective professional expertise.
(A) Laboratory/Teaching Facilities Management
- Work with faculty in the development, design and planning of laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities.
- Coordinate and assist in the evaluation, procurement and commissioning of teaching and research resources.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operations and maintenance of equipment as well as in the preparation of teaching materials.
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations; perform risk assessment for all practical work conducted within the laboratory
(B) Instructional Design & Support
- Assist the faculty in curriculum development work, such as developing laboratory manuals and designing experiments for practical work or assignments.
- Conduct tutorials and laboratory-based classes as well as provide training to staff and students on usage of specific laboratory or workshop equipment.
- Support the faculty in the supervision and assessment of students’ assignments, e.g., research projects and Final Year Projects.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university.
- Support the faculty in the execution of the Integrated Work Study Program (IWSP).
- A good degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering from a recognized University. Possessing a Master or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field. The working experience in areas related to transport and/or vehicular technologies will be a plus.
- Proficient in research and academic support work, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- A committed believer in continuous learning and self-improvement, with a strong sense of confidence in managing his/her own learning process.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Has the ability to be hands-on, with experience in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic work environment.
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills