Producer, Chinese News (Editorial) -1- Year contract
MediaCorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002961357
- Write and edit news stories from reports filed by reporters and wire agencies
- Select and video edit footage for newscasts
- Upload news materials to website and Facebook
- Monitor social media
- Report news events on the field
- Possess a good University Degree
- At least 1 year of relevant experience or internship experience
- Effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin (to liaise with associates)
- Possess a strong interest in Chinese News programmes and general knowledge of local and world issues
- Resourceful and able to perform well under pressure
- Dynamic, creative and a good team player
- Good organisational, planning and communication skills to liaise with people of all levels
- An avid user of social media is preferred
- Be prepared to work long and irregular hours
About MediaCorp Pte Ltd
MediaCorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, MediaCorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, MediaCorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, MediaCorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.