Producer, Chinese Current Affairs (Editorial) - 1-Year contract
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002961333
As a Current Affairs programme producer, your job will be to research, script, direct and produce shows that span a range of genres, from half hour documentaries to talk shows and finance and lifestyle magazine productions. Besides initiating new topics and ideas, there will also be opportunities to conceptualize new shows.
- Degree preferably in Mass Communications, Journalism or Chinese Study
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Keen interest and ability to tell a good story
- Strong interest in Chinese Current Affairs programmes
- Effectively bilingual in English and the Chinese Language (to liaise with associates)
- Strong working knowledge of Television production and camera skills will be advantageous
- Must be creative and a good team player with strong planning, organizational and communication skills
- Must be resourceful and independent
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Able and willing to put in long and irregular hours.
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. Mediacorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.