Principal Product Manager
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002988119
Amazon Kindle is the world’s largest and most favored digital ecosystem for reading (devices, e-books). For the India business, we are looking for entrepreneurial leaders to lead several new initiatives with a vision to transform the way users read and consume media content. The role will provide opportunities to think big, develop original ideas, and partner with operations, technology and business development teams to deliver product execution
We are looking for seasoned product leaders who are customer obsessed, smart and analytical, passionate about mobile and ecommerce, love innovation, and are willing to fail with calculated risks. In this role, you will manage challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations, and will need to be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to drive decisions. As a Principal Product Manager, you will define and execute Kindle content roadmap, consumer experience, and drive the adoption of product / features. This highly visible role has direct exposure to senior worldwide Amazon leadership.
Does such an opportunity to have a direct and visible impact on the Kindle story in India appeal to you?
- Product Strategy and Direction: Define Kindle content roadmap for India marketplace. Continually assess the needs of readers and device users, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy.
- Roadmap Planning: Manage a cross-functional process to translate the desired customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap and product releases. Create buy-in for the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders.
- User Experience and Requirements Definition: Develop high quality BRD’s and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Product Roll-out: Create and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features. Work closely with product engineering and program management to develop product(s) and go-to-market teams (marketing and business development) to drive adoption. Define and monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance, and continually optimize operational efficiencies including cost reduction efforts.
- Be comfortable with hands-on day-to-day problem solving, implementing quick and effective action plans to meet short term priorities. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Prepare and present business reviews to senior management.
- 12+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably to bring ecommerce, Internet, social or mobile experiences to market. Alternatively, a track record of having conceptualized developed and launched new products end-to-end as a project / program lead in a large product or services organization.
- Experience in defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market. Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis. Consistent effort, intense commitment, high attention to detail and ability to independently manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in influencing the work of large cross-functional teams based on product / feature priorities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions. Willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
Preferred Qualifications · Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA is desirable.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Amazon
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 - at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to create the best-selling e-reader family in the world. Our team thoughtfully crafts devices and technology for readers, from Goodreads integration to instant text translation.
We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets, built for work and play with our Fire OS operating system. For streaming media lovers, we have created Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick with voice search, massive video selection, and gaming. Amazon Echo is a new category of device designed around your voice with far-field voice recognition and the Alexa platform. Amazon Dash helps customers order groceries instantly from home.
Our teams work in diverse business areas, from designing hardware to creating software applications and managing the content that powers the customer experience. It is always Day One at Amazon