Headquartered in San Jose, California, Align Technology is the leader in modern Clear Aligner orthodontics that designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign® system, which provides dental professionals with a range of treatment options for adults and teenagers. Align also offers the iTero 3D digital scanning system and services for orthodontic and restorative dentistry. Align is one of the fastest growing medical devices companies in the APAC region. The company is entering an extremely exciting but critical phase of development. Align is investing in new capacity, capabilities, and infrastructure in the region to build foundational platforms, systems and processes to accelerate the region’s growth.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034594
The Pricing Manager will be responsible for providing innovative pricing solutions utilizing market-based and value based pricing methodologies aligned to product positioning strategies. Essential functions of the role are to provide leadership and direction for product pricing strategy including customer analysis and segmentation, competitor analysis and price targeting/positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, develops, evaluates and oversees the implementation of pricing models and strategies designed to optimize revenue, market share, brand positioning and long-term profits
- Supports the sales organization with analysis and justification for price adjustments.
- Assists in the development of business cases and pricing recommendations for promotions, offers, incentives and product value propositions in conjunction with product management and marketing teams.
- Communicates recommendations to stakeholders, including sales, finance, and management.
- Leads cross functional teams to define a common product management process, share best practices, standardize formats and develop tools for use by product management.
- Analyze and recommend price adjustment changes and product life cycle adjustments.
- Assess competitive pricing analysis.
- Facilitate value based pricing methodologies for new product introductions.
- Prioritize assignments and work with under little direction. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to determine and develop approaches to solutions, conducting activities with broad application of principles, theories and concepts.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical background – must include ability to identify relevant data within organization and analyze it creatively to draw inferences regarding the likely effect on sales and profits of pricing decisions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – will need to create scenarios of alternate outcomes and make recommendations about the implications of pricing decisions based on limited and imperfect information
- Excellent persuasive communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and with customers; must able to clearly present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a background in analytics, will have some pricing experience and/or relevant business experience, someone who can own their own work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance or Engineering
- MBA preferred, with emphasis in Finance, Pricing, Operations (analytical focus)
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience required, preferably with a Technology company
- Prefer 5+ years of Pricing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, business intelligence tools (e.g. SQL, Business Objects)