Pelican Ship Management Services Pte Ltd, a unit of SGX-listed integrated marine and offshore group Penguin International Limited, provides a full scope of ship management services to the Group’s own fleet of high-speed vessels.
We are financially stable and professionally run.
Our growing fleet, consisting primarily of offshore crewboats, Fast Supply Intervention Vessels and passenger ferries, is well maintained and professionally manned. We prize safety over profit and we regard our employees as our key asset.
The business of operating a fleet of high-performance vessels requires a dedicated team of ship management professionals with specialised skill sets.
We are seeking suitable candidates to join us in the following vocation:
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002986314
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager, you shall be responsible for:
- Conducting vessel inspections and ensuring full compliance with class/statutory/ISM requirements.
- Enforcement of the Group’s fleet operations policy and standard operating procedures.
- Administering on-board training to Masters and their crew.
- Assisting Crewing Department in crew recruitment, evaluation and reporting.
- Assisting DPA in incident investigations and reporting.
Candidates should possess minimum CoC Class 2 Deck Officer credentials, with at least two years’ experience as a chief officer, preferably in high-speed craft or the offshore oil and gas industry. Must have a good command of English (spoken and written), effective communication skills and proficiency in relevant Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be willing to travel and do what it takes to get the job done right and on time.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of shipboard and QHSE practices in the marine industry.
- Familiar with Singapore, Malaysia and other major Port State requirements.
- Fluency in spoken Bahasa would be an advantage.
We welcome team players who are passionate, positive and pro-active!
Your remuneration will commensurate with your experience and qualification
Your career advancement will depend on your attitude and contributions.
KEEP CALM AND JOIN US!
Interested applicants please forward your detailed resume to
Pelican Ship Management Services Pte Ltd
18 Tuas Basin Link
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.