jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958168
Employer Ref. 4610BR
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Provide support in material and production planning for all product lines and perform all production control activities including: generating and processing work orders, issuing inventory and performing daily cycle counts.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Generate and process work orders per the production plan (includes printing work orders, coordinating to prepare and issue manufacturing kits and labels, issuing materials and completing work orders) with limited supervision
- Track, count and expedite all work in process to ensure production and shipping schedules are met
- Interface with purchasing to ensure that the quantities of on-hand components/materials are sufficient to meet the production and shipping schedules
- Monitor movement of all raw materials from PO through inspection to ensure availability of materials to meet the production schedule
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Quality to expedite materials when needed
- Assist in reviewing inventory transactions in SAP for accuracy
- Provide assistance troubleshooting and resolving data entry errors and discrepancies
- Assist in the generation of reports and complete special projects as assigned. Provide performance reports as necessary
- Acquire and maintain a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts, and services
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- CPIM or CPM certification desirable
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Must have 2-5 years materials planning experience, multiple product lines preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain inventory levels and production schedules and knowledge of production control and inventory control
- Familiar with ERP/MRP systems, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, etc.
- Good math and organizational skills; very detail oriented
- Familiar with GMP’s, product specifications incoming inspection procedures
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
About Illumina, Inc.
See Job Description